It’s only been a few weeks since Hillary suspended her campaign on June 7th, exited stage left, and gave Obama the full spotlight.
Weakness Alert: Obama loses strength under intense glare.
Let’s take a look. In the past couple weeks he has:
- flip-flopped on FISA
- flip-flopped on NAFTA
- flip-flopped on accepting public campaign financing
- unveiled the Vero Possumus Seal of Obama
- told Hillary supporters to ‘get over it’
- had the lowest fund-raising month ever
- limits press access to the campaign
- ditched his press corp
- played the race card again in a new statement about republicans
- struggled in places where he should be strong
- snubbed Muslim voters not once but twice
Why is this all unraveling so quickly?
Without Hillary to act as a lightning rod, Obama either shines or splinters apart under the scrutiny.
Lacking a strong plan, his campaign uses non-issue fluff to divert attention. The Great Seal of Obama has been one such tactic. By using imagery it attempted (miserably) to project a sense of substance. What an example of literally hiding behind a self-created image! Axelrove is a master at smoke and mirror diversion.
At this rate, it will not take long for Obama to exit stage left himself.
I have always believed that Hillary will be the Democratic Nominee for 2008. I continue to believe that despite the grand illusion of events as they currently appear. Hillary will emerge our candidate.
Savvy marketing can only take ‘The One’ so far. Experience will take Hillary all the way.